We are really enjoying putting together the programme for our forthcoming Research Data Network event at the University of York in June. This is partly because so many great ideas for sessions are being submitted and it looks like it will be a varied and interesting two days.
To register go to: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/events/research-data-network-27-jun-2017
So far on the programme we are covering the following topics :
- Research data usage, metrics and re-use
- Shared Services, tools and solutions
- Developing institutional services
- European and international developments
- Planning, policy and business case development
- Storage and infrastructure solutions including those for sensitive data
We have speakers from the UK – York, Hull, Cambridge, Oxford, South Bank University, HESA and DCC being lined up, and thinking more internationally we will be hearing from the Netherlands, the European Open Science Cloud and latest on the Research Data Alliance.
- If you are interested in the latest developments in Research Data Management and you want ideas and approaches that you can take back and implement we encourage you to come, We will have sessions for you whether you are further into this area or are just starting out in it.
- Equally if you want to showcase or share what you have been doing with colleagues this is a great opportunity. Please contact us direct email@example.com or post ideas on our RDN site at :https://research-data-network.readme.io/discuss/5893cb8fa4a2aa0f00e5ce5e
- If you want to hear about how our colleagues in Europe and globally are tackling this challenge.
- And finally (though by no means least we hope) this will be a great place to hear about what Jisc has in the pipeline to support Research Data. We do seriously want your input if we are going to put in place what you need to support this area into the future.