The objective of the JISC Managing Research Data Programme (JISCMRD) is to improve the way research data is managed in UK Higher Education and to help achieve better recognition for the fundamental place of data creation, management in the research process.
The JISCMRD programme comprises 5 strands as follows:
- Research Data Management Infrastructure: 8 projects, each funded for 18 months from 1 October 2009 to 31 March 2011.
- Research Data Management Planning: 6 projects of varying lengths, most completing by 31 March 2011.
- Support Projects in Research Data Management Planning and Cost/Benefits Analysis.
- Demonstrating the Benefits: Citing, Linking and Integrating Research Data (6 projects) and Innovative Data Publications (2 Projects), running for 12 months from 1 August 2010.
- Discipline-Focussed Research Data Management Training Modules: 5 projects running for 12 months from 1 August 2010.
Over the next few days a series of blog posts will provide information about the newly funded projects which will be exploring ways of Citing, Linking and Integrating Research Data, creating Innovative Data Publications and producing Discipline-Focussed Research Data Management Training Modules.