Every autumn and spring is packed with a range of events, conferences and seminars. Which ones should you go to and how to keep track of them all, that is the question. We have picked 3 for you that are happening this autumn, in an ultra-biased way because we are organising these:
1. Research Data Spring Showcase
What: This one-day event will showcase 10+ tools developed for improving the research data management workflow for researchers and research support.
Who: Researchers, research support, IT, developers, publishers, librarians and anyone interested in research data tools.
When: 20 October 2016, 10:45 – 16:00
Where: University of Birmingham
2. Research Data Alliance UK
What: This one-day workshop will provide attendees with information about how the RDA, as a community-driven organisation, is working to achieve its vision. It will include representatives from specific working and interest groups highlighting their work and discussing how this work can be used practically in universities and data centres in the UK.
Who: Decision makers, managers and enablers, users and consumers.
When: 2 November 2016, 10:00-16:30
Where: The Studio Birmingham
3. Research Data Network #3
What: The Research Data Network is designed to be a people network offering participants a place to demonstrate practical research data management implementations and to discuss current issues relating to research data in institutions.
Who: Anyone interested in research data management including research data management practitioners, institutional staff who are investigating the implementation of research data management systems.
When: 30 November 2016, 10:00-17:00
Where: University of St. Andrews
Register on our events page or to get involved, submit your ideas for sessions.
And a few others to keep in mind this autumn:
- ORCID API hack day: Jisc UK consortium members event, 18 October 2016 at Prospero House London, check out the details.
- Research Information Group meeting, 18 October 2016 at Brettenham House, check out more details here.
- PASIG, 26-28 October at MOMA New York, register and find out a few more details here.
- iDCC14 call for papers, with a deadline this autumn – 17 October, check this DCC page for more details.
- OpenAIRE workshop for UK universities, 1 November 2016 at The Studio Birmingham, register here.
- RDMF16, 21-22 November happening in Edinburgh, registration will be opening soon.
- Philosophy and History of Open Science, this one is a bonus for you: 30 November – 1 December 2016 at the University of Helsinki, register here.
You can find other Jisc events on our page, or you can also follow Dan Fowler and contribute to his list of research data related events on this OKFN discussion page.
2 replies on “3 events for research data enthusiasts”
Thanks for the mention of IDCC & RDMF. Can I make two corrections:
(1) No-one needs to request an invitation to RDMF – the event is open and registration will soon be available via the event page: http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/research-data-management-forum-rdmf (the page you linked to is for a linked online discussion forum.)
(2) The deadline for IDCC papers is October 17th. Workshops and posters have later deadlines.
Thanks Kevin, just corrected. I used the information and the link from a few tweets, I knew these are happening! Glad you spotted the errors 🙂